Key division match ups are a must watch in Week 6
- Atlanta Falcons@ New Orleans Saints- Four of the Falcons five wins have come after falling behind and needed late game heroics to pull out the win. This was once a fierce rivalry but it seems this season the Falcons have no reason to fear the Saints. However, inner division matchups are never easy to predict. The Saints season is pretty much over now but you can expect them to try and put down the Falcons in front of their own crowd.
- Arizona Cardinals@ Pittsburgh Steelers- As of this writing, Michael Vick is still slated to start against a tough Arizona team that despite the one loss to the Rams, looks like they may be the most dominant team in the NFL outside of Green Bay and New England. After thrashing the Lions on their own turf last week, the Cardinals look to do the same to a team who is running a backup quarterback. You think 42 points was bad? Just wait until this week. It could easily be surpassed if Ben Roethlisberger isn’t ready to go.
- Carolina Panthers@ Seattle Seahawks- This is the toughest test for the undefeated Panthers so far. They have yet to face a team with a winning record and in fact, won’t do so until they get to the Packers in week 9. Facing the Seahawks in an away game will be the best chance to show the world this is one of the best teams in the NFC. The Seahawks on the other hand are still trying to find their footing. After dropping a huge lead to the Bengals, Seattle needs to bounce back to continue to be a feared team in this league.
- New England Patriots@ Indianapolis Colts- This is a Sunday night game that needs off the field shenanigans to get the media to talk about it. The Colts have been largely uninspired this season which may be due to a lack of run game, and old receiving core and an injured Andrew Luck. This game is notable for the sole reason the Colts are the team that “blew the whistle” on the underinflated balls in the AFC Championship game earlier this year. Imagine the storylines if the Colts come away with a revenge win against the best team in the league. On the other hand, Tom Brady is no doubt playing with a chip on his shoulder. I fully expect him to demolish the team that almost cost him four games this season.
- New York Giants@ Philadelphia Eagles- Giants/Eagles is one of the best rivalries in the NFL no matter what the record is. This is one of the hottest Monday night games of the season with a share of first place in the East on the line. Eli Manning has pulled the team together the last three weeks while the Eagles continue to pay for the off season personal changes. However, the Eagles are fortunate to play in a weak division where despite having a losing record, can still tie for the top spot in the NFC East with a win this week.
Photo-Gregory Shamus/Getty Images North America