The Gateway Grizzlies are always on the lookout for local families, couples, and individuals who are willing to open their homes to host a Grizzlies player (or players) for our 3 week spring training camp and/or for our 4 month season. The Host Family Program is vital to the success of the team and offers players a home away-from-home during the season by matching them with local families. The responsibilities are minimal for the chance to build a bond with a Grizzlies player that can last a lifetime!
WHY BECOME A HOST FAMILY?
As a host family, you receive multiple perks and privileges (listed below), but the greatest benefit of all is the chance to witness first-hand the excitement, exhilaration, and occasional heartaches that befall these young men as they live their life-long dream of playing professional baseball.
HOST FAMILY BENEFITS:
- Free full-season tickets (50+ home games per season)
- VIP cards pre-loaded for food at the ballpark
- Pre-season dinner to meet with all other host families
- Party suite with catering on host family appreciation night
- Pre-game host family salute ceremony on-field before last game of the year
- Discount in Izzy’s Den Team Store
- Host family T-shirt
- And many more benefits!
WHAT’S EXPECTED OF HOST FAMILIES?
Host families should offer the player(s) a private bedroom and meals. Host families must be very understanding of the player’s hectic schedule. Families should understand that during the season, the players basically work a 2nd shift job, coming home late and sleeping late.
HOW DO I BECOME A HOST FAMILY?
Download a host family application to print and fill out by hand. Then, submit it through one of the following methods:
- EMAIL – Send the completed form via email to email@example.com (subject line: Host Families)
- FAX – 618.332.3625
- MAILING ADDRESS – Gateway Grizzlies, Attn: Host Families, 2301 Grizzlie Bear Blvd., Sauget, IL 62206.
- DROP OFF IN PERSON – Drop off your completed application at our front office during office hours (M-F: 9am-5pm).
For more information, contact Jessica Kuhn at 618.337.3000 (ext. 11) or firstname.lastname@example.org.