Saint Louis vs. Southern Illinois
Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017 | 7 p.m. | St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)
TV: FSMW (Dan McLaughlin, Scott Highmark) (channel listings)
Radio: 101 ESPN (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online Coverage: A-10 Digital Network stream (info) | FOX Sports Go App stream (info) | Live Stats | @SaintLouisMBB on Twitter
++ SLU Game Notes ++
SETTING THE SCENE
– Saint Louis opens a three-game homestand Wednesday night when Southern Illinois comes to town. Game time at Chaifetz Arena is set for 7 p.m.
– The game will be televised on FOX Sports Midwest. Dan McLaughlin and Scott Highmark are on the call.
– The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.
– The Billikens are looking to snap a four-game skid and enter Wednesday’s game against Southern Illinois with a 3-4 overall record.
– This is the 55th meeting all-time between the Billikens and Salukis.
– Saint Louis won its first three games of the season, including an impressive 77-71 win over Virginia Tech at Madison Square Garden as part of the 2K Classic benefiting Wounded Warrior Project. However, SLU has lost its last four matchups.
– Junior guard Javon Bess continues to lead the team in scoring, averaging 15.3 ppg to rank 16th in the Atlantic 10. He is coming off a career-high-tying 22 points at Butler.
– Freshman guard Jordan Goodwin is third in the Atlantic 10 Conference in steals per game (2.4) and sixth in assists per game (4.1). He is second on the Billikens in scoring (9.3 ppg) and rebounding (6.9 rpg).
– Sophomore forward Jalen Johnson averages 9.1 ppg. He scored a career-high 24 points against Detroit Mercy earlier this season. Johnson posts a team-high .435 shooting percentage from 3-point range, and he has drained a team-high-tying 10 3-pointers.
– Junior forward D.J. Foreman would rank among the A-10 leaders in shooting percentage but he barely misses the statistical minimum of three field goals made per game. He shoots 61.3 percent (19-of-31) from the field.
– Freshman forward Hasahn French, who missed the Butler game with an injury, leads the team and is fifth in the A-10 in rebounding (7.5 rpg). He is fourth in the A-10 in blocked shots (13).
– Senior guards Davell Roby and Aaron Hines average 8.3 ppg and 7.6 ppg, respectively.
– Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, Ill.) brings a two-game winning streak into Chaifetz Arena. The Salukis are 4-2 overall.
– SIU is coming off a 76-58 win over San Jose State in a Missouri Valley-Mountain West Challenge game.
– The Salukis are led in scoring by center Kavion Pippen. He averages 13.8 ppg, 6.7 rpg and has registered a team-high 14 blocks.
– Against San Jose State, Pippen scored 22 points on 9-of-10 shooting. He also blocked three shots and totaled four steals.
– Four Salukis score in double figures. Following Pippen is guard Armon Fletcher (12.2 ppg), guard Sean Lloyd (11.2 ppg) and guard Aaron Cook (10.2 ppg).
– Forward Jonathan Wiley is tied with Pippen for team-high honors with 6.7 rpg.
– Salukis head coach Barry Hinson is in his sixth season at Southern Illinois.
Saint Louis leads the all-time series 29-26 … the Billikens own a 21-12 series advantage in games played in St. Louis … the Salukis have won two in a row in the series, including last year’s matchup at SIU Arena … SIU also won the last time the teams played at Chaifetz Arena.