Saint Louis vs. Fordham
Saturday, Feb. 3, 2017 | 6 p.m. | St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)
TV: FOX Sports Midwest Plus (Dan McLaughlin, Scott Highmark) (channel listings)
Radio: 101 ESPN (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online Coverage: A-10 Digital Network stream (info) | FOX Sports Go App stream (info) | Live Stats | @SaintLouisMBB on Twitter
++ SLU Game Notes ++
SETTING THE SCENE
– Saint Louis hosts Fordham on Saturday night at Chaifetz Arena. Game time is 7 p.m.
– Saturday’s game will be televised on FOX Sports Midwest Plus, with Dan McLaughlin and Scott Highmark on the call.
– The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.
– Saint Louis, winners of four of its last five, enters Saturday’s game against Fordham with a 12-11 overall record and a 5-5 mark in A-10 play.
– Saturday’s game is part of the Jesuit Basketball Spotlight, a nationwide effort to bring greater positive awareness and exposure to Jesuit education through basketball.
– The Billikens enter February over .500 for the first time since the 2013-14 season.
– SLU is coming off a 60-59 win at Saint Joseph’s on Wednesday, its second-straight road victory.
– Junior guard Javon Bess continues to lead the team in scoring, averaging 13.0 ppg. Bess leads the A-10 in free throws made (117) and attempted (157).
– Jordan Goodwin has five double-doubles on the year, including the first triple-double in school history Jan. 17 against Duquesne. He is fourth in the A-10 in steals (2.0 per game) and seventh in assists (4.0 per game).
– Freshman forward Hasahn French is second in the A-10 with 40 blocks.
– Junior forward D.J. Foreman is second in the Atlantic 10 Conference in FG percentage (.635, 66-104).
– Sophomore forward Jalen Johnson has scored in double figures in each of the last two games. He is 6-of-10 from long range during that stretch.
– Senior guard Davell Roby became the 31st Billiken to reach 1,000 career points when he converted a layup in the second half against Duquesne. Roby is SLU’s active leading scorer with 1,050 career points.
– The Billikens lead the Atlantic 10 in scoring defense (65.8 points allowed per game) and rebounding margin (+3.7).
– Fordham University (Bronx, N.Y.) enters Saturday’s game with a 7-14 overall record and a 2-7 mark in Atlantic 10 Conference play.
– Saturday’s game between the Rams and Billikens will be televised on FOX Sports Midwest Plus.
– The Rams are coming off an 82-69 home victory against UMass. That win snapped a six-game Fordham losing streak.
– Senior guard Will Tavares leads three Rams in double figures with 14.5 ppg. Junior forward Prokop Slanina turns in 11.9 ppg, while junior guard Joseph Chartouny scores 11.1 ppg to go along with a team-best 5.6 rpg.
– Freshman guard Ivan Raut leads Fordham in 3-pointers made (38) and attempted (105).
– Chartouny leads the NCAA in steals with 72 (3.4 per game). Last season, he set a school record with 94 steals, which ranked third in the NCAA.
– The Rams lead the A-10 and are sixth in the NCAA in steals per game as a team (9.4). Last season, they finished third in the NCAA in steals per game (9.65 per game). In a win against Manhattan earlier this year, Fordham registered a school-record 17 steals.
– Head coach Jeff Neubauer is in his third season at Fordham. He replaced Travis Ford at Eastern Kentucky when Ford took the UMass job in 2005, and Neubauer ended up coaching at EKU for 10 seasons.
This is the 14th all-time meeting between the Billikens and Rams … Saint Louis leads the all-time series 10-3 … the Billikens are 6-0 against Fordham in games played in St. Louis.